Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Missing cells, But they're NOT hidden

This is NOT a problem I'm having, but it just seems odd !!

I have a spreadsheet that I copied a formula into from another file (it
doesn't matter what the formula is), BUT the height of the cell that
received the formula increased quite dramatically.(so what, I hear you
ask but be patient). when I reduced the size of the cell back to its
original size, I noticed that another cell had 'disappeared'!!!

NO rows are hidden, but in column D rows 1 to 20 row 5 is not
there all the rest are.

If I copy cell D4 to E4, then cell E5 is missing NOT hidden

So if I scroll from A5 to E5 I get in the toolbar A5 B5 C5 D5 E4
!!!!!!!

Thus cell E4 is double height cell E5 is missing (NOT hidden)
ALL the other cells are visible.

Anyone else seen this before ????

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tony h

Is it as simple as cells E4and E5 are "merged". to check select cell e4
check format/alignment/merge cells is ticked.

if you clear the option the cell e5 should reappear.

--
tony h
tony h's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21074

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

tony h wrote:
Is it as simple as cells E4and E5 are "merged". to check select cell e4
check format/alignment/merge cells is ticked.

if you clear the option the cell e5 should reappear.

--
tony h
tony h's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21074
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=491404