Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
coritsia

Default Auto-Fill in List Fields?

I have created a list field in an Excel worksheet for an inventory we
are doing here in the office. The problem I am having is, that even
though the drop-down list shows up as it should, I am unable to begin
typing text in the field in order to pull up the correct entry. So for
example, the 5th item on my drop down list is "Breakroom" I would like
to be able start typing "Bre..." and have "Breakroom" appear in the
field. It does not, and instead I must actually choose it from the
menu. I want the inventory data entry to go quickly, but I also want
that field to be restricted to only use certain names for rooms. Any
ideas? Thank you!

--
coritsia
coritsia's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29399