Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
AmyTaylor

Default 3 values, show which ones are same

Help with this would be greatly appreciated ! thank you ! xx

In cell B5, C5 & C6 I have 3 values which are all slightly different.
What I want to be able to say is that if you round them all up by 1
deciimal place, are they all the same, and if not display a result:

for example
B5 = 1300.12
C5 = 1300.1
D5 = 1300.313

The result will be, if all the same "all correct", if only B5 is
correct then "B5 correct", if only C5 is correct then "C5 correct", if
only D5 correct then "D5 correct". If B5 and C5 correct then "D5
different", if only B5 and D5 correct then "C5 different" and if C5 and
D5 correct then "B5 different".

Hope this is intelligible. Please let me know if you need further
details.
Thanks Amy xxx

--
AmyTaylor
AmyTaylor's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=20970

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

If they are not the same how would you know which is/are correct?

Peo Sjoblom

"AmyTaylor" wrote
in message ...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bruno Campanini

"AmyTaylor" wrote
in message ...

Help with this would be greatly appreciated ! thank you ! xx

In cell B5, C5 & C6 I have 3 values which are all slightly different.
What I want to be able to say is that if you round them all up by 1
deciimal place, are they all the same, and if not display a result:

for example
B5 = 1300.12
C5 = 1300.1
D5 = 1300.313

The result will be, if all the same "all correct", if only B5 is
correct then "B5 correct", if only C5 is correct then "C5 correct", if
only D5 correct then "D5 correct". If B5 and C5 correct then "D5
different", if only B5 and D5 correct then "C5 different" and if C5 and
D5 correct then "B5 different".

Hope this is intelligible. Please let me know if you need further
details.
Thanks Amy xxx

=IF(ROUND(B5,1)=B5,ADDRESS(ROW(B5),
COLUMN(B5),4)&" Correct",ADDRESS(ROW(B5),
COLUMN(B5,4)&" Not Correct")

Ciao
Bruno

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bruno Campanini

"Bruno Campanini" wrote in message

=IF(ROUND(B5,1)=B5,ADDRESS(ROW(B5),
COLUMN(B5),4)&" Correct",ADDRESS(ROW(B5),
COLUMN(B5,4)&" Not Correct")

Ciao
Bruno

Sorry, I misundestood the question.

Bruno

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
TedMi

You need to specify the criteria for "correctness" - On what basis do you
determine, in your example above, that "only" one is correct?
--
Ted