Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
harnagel

Default Count Mondays worked in Month

Here's my columns:
Date Day (calculated formula) Data

11/1 Mon xyz
11/2 Tue xyz
11/3 Wed xyz
11/4 Thur xyz
11/7 Mon xyz
11/14 Mon xyz

I would like to count how many Mondays were worked in a month (minus
Holidays if possible).

Thanks.

--
harnagel
harnagel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29376

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

=4+(DAY(D1-DAY(D1)+35)<WEEKDAY(D1-DAY(D1)-2))-SUMPRODUCT(--(TEXT(holidays,"y
yyymm")=TEXT(A1,"yyyymm")),--(WEEKDAY(holidays)=2))

where A1 holds a date in the month being tested, holidays is a range of
holiday dates.

--

HTH

RP

"harnagel" wrote in
message ...

Here's my columns:
Date Day (calculated formula) Data

11/1 Mon xyz
11/1 Mon xyz
11/2 Tue xyz
11/3 Wed xyz
11/4 Thur xyz
11/7 Mon xyz
11/14 Mon xyz

I would like to count how many Mondays were worked in a month (minus
Holidays if possible).

Thanks.

--
harnagel
harnagel's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=490858

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
harnagel

Do you not understand what I need to do?

I need to count how many Mondays, Tuesdays, etc., are worked in a month
based on the Date/Days/Data columns. Thanks.

--
harnagel
harnagel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29376
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=490858

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
harnagel

I guess let's just forget Holidays, I would like to count how many
Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, & Sundays
worked based on the data below:

Here's my columns:
Date Day (calculated formula) Data

11/1 Mon xyz
11/1 Mon xyz
11/2 Tue xyz
11/3 Wed xyz
11/4 Thur xyz
11/7 Mon xyz
11/14 Mon xyz

X Mondays
X Tuedays
X Wednesdays, etc.

--
harnagel
harnagel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29376
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=490858

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier

Hi

With your dates in column A, set up the following in column E
E1 10/30, E2 10/31, E3 11/1, E4 11/2, E5 11/3, E6 11/4, E7 11/5
Format cells E1:E7 FormatCellsNumberCustom ddd
In cell F1 enter
=SUMPRODUCT(--(WEEKDAY($A$1:$A$100)=WEEKDAY(E1)))
Copy formula down through cells E2:E7

Change range A1:A100 to suit.

Regards

Roger Govier

harnagel wrote:
I guess let's just forget Holidays, I would like to count how many
Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, & Sundays
worked based on the data below:

Here's my columns:
Date Day (calculated formula) Data

11/1 Mon xyz
11/1 Mon xyz
11/2 Tue xyz
11/3 Wed xyz
11/4 Thur xyz
11/7 Mon xyz
11/14 Mon xyz

X Mondays
X Tuedays
X Wednesdays, etc.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Even if you didn't like my first attempt, you can still include holidays

=SUMPRODUCT((WEEKDAY(A2:A20)=2)*(NOT(ISNUMBER(MATC H(A2:A20,holidays,0)))))

--

HTH

RP

"harnagel" wrote in
message ...

I guess let's just forget Holidays, I would like to count how many
Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, & Sundays
worked based on the data below:

Here's my columns:
Date Day (calculated formula) Data

11/1 Mon xyz
11/1 Mon xyz
11/2 Tue xyz
11/3 Wed xyz
11/4 Thur xyz
11/7 Mon xyz
11/14 Mon xyz

X Mondays
X Tuedays
X Wednesdays, etc.

--
harnagel
harnagel's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=490858

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Oh yes, and replace = 2 by =3 for Tue, =4 for Wed, etc.

--

HTH

RP

"harnagel" wrote in
message ...

I guess let's just forget Holidays, I would like to count how many
Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, & Sundays
worked based on the data below:

Here's my columns:
Date Day (calculated formula) Data

11/1 Mon xyz