Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Osama Mira

Default input mask in excel sheet

I need to specify a cell for input mask as in access. I mean when I write a
date the cell field show me __/__/_____ same as acess when I wirte a date
comes likes this 04/__/_____ until I complete the date 04/12/2005. Is it
possible in excel?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

Possible, yes.

But not without employing VBA code. Excel does not provide for input masks as
does Access.

See Chip Pearson's site on Quick Entry of dates and times.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm

Gord Dibben Excel MVP