Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Deeds

Default Convert month to number and subtract one

I have a date in cell A1 of December 1, 2005. I do a =text(A1) and it
returns December. I want to now get November, October in other cells based
off of the December cell. How can I subtract from December to get November?
Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Niek Otten

I assume you have =TEXT(A1,"mmmm")

For November:
=TEXT(DATE(1,MONTH(A1)-1,1),"mmmm")
For October:
=TEXT(DATE(1,MONTH(A1)-2,1),"mmmm")

etc

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Deeds" wrote in message
I have a date in cell A1 of December 1, 2005. I do a =text(A1) and it
returns December. I want to now get November, October in other cells
based
off of the December cell. How can I subtract from December to get
November?
Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Niek Otten