Jane

Default Need help!!!

I hope someone can point me to the right direction,

I have rows upon rows of records on who shipped what and at what time. I
want to see the elapse time for each shipment by user. The problem is that I
can do a sort of the time and subtract the time in row 1 from row 2 to get
the time, but I want to narrow it down by user so this approach would not be
a good idea. So if row 1 had user x shipping and row 2 had user y shipping
this method would not work.

I am wondering if there is a macro or formula to subtract the elapse time
for each shipment by user, for example:

Time User Elapse Time by user
9:32:00 AM Bob 0:04:00
9:31:00 AM Joe 0:11:11
9:28:00 AM Bob 0:09:00
9:20:00 AM Joe 0:02:00
9:19:00 AM Bob ???
9:18:00 AM Joe ???

(the reason why I have the last 2 records as ? is because I do not have any
more data before this shipment to compare it to)
The time is sorted in descending order, if threre is a way of coming up with
the elapse w/o sorting that would be awesome.

Thanks for any help!!!
R.VENKATARAMAN

why not sort by user and then according to time. does it
help
in exel (mine excel 2000) you can sort on three parameters simultaneously