Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
yojlem

Default How do I data sort multiple sheets in Excel that are linked with i

I am working with one document that has four worksheets. Each worksheet
shows different pieces of information about a client. However, to save time,
I have "pulled through" the names from the first worksheet (using the =
command in subsequent worksheets and clicking in the box from the first
page). Nevertheless, when I data sort the first page to alphabetize it, on
the other three worksheets, the information entered on the line with each
name does not travel with the name as it is alphabetized.

Is it possible to data sort with multiple sheets and have the information
entered on a line with each name travel with it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kleev

It sounds like your best bet is probably to copy pastespecial values the
formulas that refer to the sheet that is going to be sorted.

"yojlem" wrote:

I am working with one document that has four worksheets. Each worksheet
shows different pieces of information about a client. However, to save time,
I have "pulled through" the names from the first worksheet (using the =
command in subsequent worksheets and clicking in the box from the first
page). Nevertheless, when I data sort the first page to alphabetize it, on
the other three worksheets, the information entered on the line with each
name does not travel with the name as it is alphabetized.

Is it possible to data sort with multiple sheets and have the information
entered on a line with each name travel with it?

Junior Member

Dear yojlem,
Did you arrive to solve this problem? I am facing a similar problem. If yes, can you please let me know how you solved it.
Best,
Jennifer