Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
FrankTimJr

Default AutoFilter (Temporary Solution)

I've seen several questions about this issue of the Autofilter suddenly stop
working. It always seems to be a random event and you can never predict when
it will happen, nor can you duplicate it at will.

It appears however, if you have formulas within your spreadsheets, every
time you filter data, Excel will automatically re-calculate all formulas
within your workbooks. So, what I did as a 'test' is to disable the autocalc
function (Tools = Options = Calculation) and checked "Manual" and unchecked
"Recalculate before save". However, when I'm done with the file, I turn them
back on.

So far <knock on wood here, I have seemed to avoid the random AutoFilter
freezes.

Just thought I'd share this info as I'm sure it's as frustrating to others
as it is to me when this occurs.

Have a great day.