Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Moore

Default Where's it gone?

Hello all.
There is a facility within Excel xp whereby when a group of cells is
highlighted (click and drag) the sum of those cells is shown in the bottom
right hand corner of the screen (off worksheet).
Hope I've made myself understood. Anyway, now it's gone! I must have
changed a setting somewhere; I've searched but I can't find where.
Can anyone help?
Regards,
Dave Moore

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
SteveG

Dave,

You should be able to right click on the border of the workbook to
bring up the menu for that facility. Select the appropriate
calculation (sum, average etc....). You may have changed it to
"None".

Cheers,

Steve

--
SteveG
SteveG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7571

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Joel

Right click on the bottom gray bit and tick Sum

Hope this helps Joel
--
N/A

"Dave Moore" wrote:

Hello all.
There is a facility within Excel xp whereby when a group of cells is
highlighted (click and drag) the sum of those cells is shown in the bottom
right hand corner of the screen (off worksheet).
Hope I've made myself understood. Anyway, now it's gone! I must have
changed a setting somewhere; I've searched but I can't find where.
Can anyone help?
Regards,
Dave Moore

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions