Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

2005081495 1
2005081496 1
2005080316 1
2005079908 1
2005081140 1
2005081141 1
2005080317 1

and I have like 3000 records and I don't know all the values inside my
column "Room", how do I count the number of request by "Room".

Thanks

--
ecohen1
ecohen1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=12988

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
DOR

Default Sort by Location

Assuming Request and Room are columns A and B, enter the following
formulas in C2 through E2:

C2: =IF(COUNTIF($B$2:B2,B2)=1,B2,"")
D2: =IF(ROW()-ROW($1:$1)<=COUNT(C:C),SMALL(C:C,ROW()-ROW($1:$1)),"")
E2: =IF(D2<"",COUNTIF(B:B,D2),"")

C2 is a helper column, which can be hidden - we could dispense with it
if you wish, but would need array formulas.

D2 will have room no. in sequence, assuming all room numbers are
numeric (if otherwise, please respond and we can provide a different
approach)

E2 will have the count.

HTH

Declan O'R