Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Smeeg

Default Need help again :D

I did get a great reply to my problem the other day - but unfortunately
I made a mistake in my explanation :/ - this is the prob:

if anything is in cell A1 AND in cell B1 then show "ok" in cell C1
if anything is in cell A1 and NOT in cell B1 then show "add order" in
cell C1
if nothing is in cell A1 and IS in cell B1 then show "add client" in
cell C1
if nothing is in either cell A1 or B1 then show "add client add order"
in cell C1

thanks again,

Smeeg

--
Smeeg
Smeeg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29099

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JE McGimpsey

One way:

=IF(COUNTA(A1:B1)=0,"ok",TRIM(IF(B1="","","add client") &
IF(A1="",""," add order")))

In article ,
Smeeg wrote:

I did get a great reply to my problem the other day - but unfortunately
I made a mistake in my explanation :/ - this is the prob:

if anything is in cell A1 AND in cell B1 then show "ok" in cell C1
if anything is in cell A1 and NOT in cell B1 then show "add order" in
cell C1
if nothing is in cell A1 and IS in cell B1 then show "add client" in
cell C1
if nothing is in either cell A1 or B1 then show "add client add order"
in cell C1

thanks again,

Smeeg

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Arvi Laanemets

Hi

=IF(AND(A1<"",B1<""),"OK",IF(A1="","add client") & IF(AND(A1="",B1=""),"
","")) & IF(B1="","add order"))
, or
=CHOOSE(((A1="")*1+(B1="")*2)+1,"add client","add order","add order add
client","OK")

--
Arvi Laanemets
( My real mail address: arvil<attarkon.ee )

"Smeeg" wrote in
message ...

I did get a great reply to my problem the other day - but unfortunately
I made a mistake in my explanation :/ - this is the prob:

if anything is in cell A1 AND in cell B1 then show "ok" in cell C1
if anything is in cell A1 and NOT in cell B1 then show "add order" in
cell C1
if nothing is in cell A1 and IS in cell B1 then show "add client" in
cell C1
if nothing is in either cell A1 or B1 then show "add client add order"
in cell C1

thanks again,

Smeeg

--
Smeeg
Smeeg's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=488673

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JE McGimpsey

Oops, had it backwards...

IF(COUNTA(A1:B1)=2,"ok",TRIM(IF(B1="","add client","") & IF(A1="",
"_add order", "")))

where _ is substituted for a space character to avoid unfortunate
linewrap.

In article ,
JE McGimpsey wrote:

=IF(COUNTA(A1:B1)=0,"ok",TRIM(IF(B1="","","add client") &
IF(A1="",""," add order")))

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Smeeg

great. thanks for that.