Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Myrna

Default Labor Rate %

Time Sheet Reads as followed:
A B C D E
4 Mark 8.00 4
5 Joe 12.00 0
6 Jim 5.00 5
7 Jay 6.00 0
8 Julie 7.00 5
9 Zoe 6.00 0
10 Al 5.00 6
11 Ken 5.00 0

A= Employee's B= Hourly Rate C,D,E,etc. = Weekday hours
How do I create a formula to figure The Labor Rate Daily for column C?
I have 8 employees total, but only 4 employees worked that day. I need a
formula to add the total labor rate for Column C for the 4 employees.
The answer will be $25.00

Thank you,
Myrna

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
rsenn

Myrna,

=sumif(D$1:D11,"0",C$1:C11)

--
rsenn
rsenn's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29050

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Myrna

Thank you Bob,
You are a Master of Excel
--
Thank you

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=SUMIF(C4:C11,"<0",B4:B11)

--

HTH

RP

"Myrna" wrote in message
Time Sheet Reads as followed:
A B C D E
4 Mark 8.00 4
5 Joe 12.00 0
6 Jim 5.00 5
7 Jay 6.00 0
8 Julie 7.00 5
9 Zoe 6.00 0
10 Al 5.00 6
11 Ken 5.00 0

A= Employee's B= Hourly Rate C,D,E,etc. = Weekday hours
How do I create a formula to figure The Labor Rate Daily for column C?
I have 8 employees total, but only 4 employees worked that day. I need a
formula to add the total labor rate for Column C for the 4 employees.
The answer will be $25.00

Thank you,
Myrna

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
DataCollector

This one's a little tricky...

Assuming the pay rate is in Column B and the hours worked are in Column
C and there are 8 rows of data from row 2 to row 9, type in B10:

=SUM(IF(C2:C9<0, B2:B9,""))

When you enter the formula, you'll get #VALUE.

Put your cursor in the cell with the formula (B10), press F2, then
press together Control-Shift-Enter. This tells Excel it's an array.
You should get the correct daily rate.

--
DataCollector
DataCollector's Profile: http://www.hightechtalks.com/m368