Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
NKU Steve

Default I need to "cross-foot" from worksheet to another

I am working on a Financial Accounting excel project for college class. I
need to "cross-foot" dollar amounts in specific cells on one worksheet to
specific cells on subsequent worksheets.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Randall Senn via OfficeKB.com

NKU Steve,

Cross footing means adding up the numbers in rows horizontally (footing
horizontally), and adding up the numbers in columns vertically (footing
vertically), then adding the sums of the rows and the sums of the columns,
and checking to see that the two totals are the same.

With an electronic spreadsheet this is easy (before electronic
spreadsheets it was sometimes a chore), but your reference to using specific
cells on another worksheet eludes me. Do you mean carry forward, or bring
forward, some of the numbers?

--
If I could sign my name is there where I would do it?