Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RS-PLH

Default Trying to do something that may not be possible

I am looking to build a calendar or populate a calendar template with
advertising print due dates and subsequent trigger dates, proof dates and the
like.

I have set up formulas to extrapolate the 6 dates based on the ad due date
but now I want the program to look at my data worksheet and see a date in the
future and grab the information in cell a4 and then find that date spot in a
calendar and place the cell information there.

As an example

Magazine A
Pub Date Due Date Trigger Date Info Date Proof Date etc
1/1/06 12/15/05 11/24/05 12/1/05 12/8/05

On my Calendar how do I get it to say if date in cell C3=12/15/05 then place
contents of cells A1 and A3 into the calendar on 12/15/05

I am an advanced or expert user of Excel but I am not sure the program is
smart enough and the functionality equivalent to say do a VLOOKUP and then if
then statements and populate a database.

I am trying to build a structure where we can pop in issue dates and have it
automate to fill in the due dates, and extraneous project step dates for us
and pop them all neatly on a calender. If Excel doesn't have the
functionality I would think it should be possible to relate the information
to the Outlook Calendar and have it autopopulate there for me. However my
experience with Outlook is less than my advanced experience with the standard
MS Office programs.

Any help is appreciated.

Rae

click "I Agree" in the message pane.