Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Marcotte A

Default Pivot Table Subtotals - Difference

I'm using a pivot table to compare sales data from 2004 to 2005 on a weekly
basis for several items and locations. (Location and Items are in rows,
weeks and years are in columns). By default it added a sum of the sales for
2004 and 2005 for each week. I would like to see the difference (2005 -
2004) instead. This doesn't appear to be supported by Excel.

Has anyone figured out a work-around? Or am I missing an obvious
'difference' sub-total option?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Lotus123

Not sure if you have looked at it yet, but if you right-click on a
pivottable and choose Field Settings you will see a bunch of options
for types of sums and variances. I saw several options for
"difference" and "% difference" as compared to other fields. Hope that
gives you something to tinker with.

--
Lotus123
Lotus123's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28611

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Marcotte A

I know the option you are referring to, but the only choices for subtotal
that I have a Sum, Count, Average, Max, Min, Product, CountNums, StdDev,
StdDevp, Var, and Varp. Is there a plug-in I need to install perhaps, to get
the difference option?