Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Christobee

Default lookup to return larger value

I have the following PSD data. In addition to the largest number less or
equal to the lookup value I would like lookup to also give me the smallest
value larger than or equal the lookup value on another cell

Size (mm) % Passing
1.7 0.16
2.8 0.47
4.75 1.25
6.7 2.04
8 3.61
10 11.44
13.2 38.09
19 72.57
25 94.51

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre

Try this:
Using your data in Cells A1:B9

E1: 6.5
F1: =VLOOKUP(E3,A1:A9,1,1)
That finds the closest match in Col A

F2: =INDEX(A1:A9,MATCH(F1,A1:A9,0)+1)
Looks in A1:A9 for the value in Cell F1 and returns the next item listed
after that.

Is that what you're looking to do? If no...there are other approaches.

Regards,
Ron