Lee

Default unrecognized fuctions evapp etc

I have an excel spreadsheet that was sent to me that
contains functions that I do not recognize - e.g. EVAPP
EVGTS, etc. I get an #NAME? error in these cells. Does
anyone know what these are? I'm guessing some kind of
user defined functions.
hgrove

Lee wrote...
I have an excel spreadsheet that was sent to me that contains

functions that I
do not recognize - e.g. EVAPP EVGTS, etc. I get an #NAME? error in

these cells.
Does anyone know what these are? I'm guessing some kind of user

defined
functions.

They're almost certainly user-defined or add-in functions. If they're
implemented in a commercial product, i.e., one you'd have to pay to
use, then the only way you could use this workbook would be for the
person who sent it to you to convert all formulas containing these
formulas to values or you'd have to buy the add-in yourself.

With regard to converting all formulas containing these functions to
values, a simple macro may suffice.

Sub foo()
Dim ws As Worksheet, c As Range, fn As Variant, fa As Variant
Dim p As Long, cf As String

fa = Array("EVAPP", "EVGTS") 'etc.

For Each c In ws.UsedRange

If c.HasFormula Then
cf = c.Formula

For Each fn In fa
p = InStr(2, cf, fn & "(", vbTextCompare)

If p 1 And Mid(cf, IIf(p 1, p - 1, 1), 1) Like
"[-+*/^=(,]" Then
c.Value = c.Value
Exit For

End If