ryangruhn

Default Calculating Average Values Using Arithmetic Equations

How do I calculate average values using arithmetic? What I want to do
is take for example A1-A12 and sum them up and divide them by 12 but I
don't know of the function I can "type" in to do so.

Let Me Know!

--
ryangruhn
ryangruhn's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16037

Niek Otten

You may have a look at the AVERAGE() function. Look in HELP for details

--

Kind Regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"ryangruhn" wrote in message

How do I calculate average values using arithmetic? What I want to do
is take for example A1-A12 and sum them up and divide them by 12 but I
don't know of the function I can "type" in to do so.

Let Me Know!

--
ryangruhn
ryangruhn's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=274997

Bernard Liengme

How about AVERAGE?
=AVERAGE(A1:A12)
If you really want a two-step use =SUM(A1:A12)/COUNT(A1:A12)

best wishes
Bernard