Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Steve

Default Count Function

I am using the count function for attendance tracking of Vacation, Personal
Time, & Sick Time. (Example: =COUNTIF($F6:$CQ6, "V")

Problem is that, now I need to be able to do half days. I have tried many
different formulas/ways to incorporate the half day scenario even without
using the count function with no success.

Do anybody have any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Anne Troy

I think you're telling us you can't figure out a code for half days? I
mean... if it's a half day vacation, why not HV? Then: =countif($F6:$CQ6,
"V")+(countif($F6:$CQ6, "HV")*.5)
?
************
Anne Troy
VBA Project Manager
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Steve" wrote in message
I am using the count function for attendance tracking of Vacation, Personal
Time, & Sick Time. (Example: =COUNTIF($F6:$CQ6, "V")

Problem is that, now I need to be able to do half days. I have tried many
different formulas/ways to incorporate the half day scenario even without
using the count function with no success.

Do anybody have any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Nise

need more info. how do you represent half day in your sheet.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Steve

Solved the problem thx for your help.

"Nise" wrote:

need more info. how do you represent half day in your sheet.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Steve,

The way I do this is to use an upper-case letter for a full day, lower-case
for a half-day. SO, assuming my absence code is in A1 (upper or lower), I
use

=SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(FIND(LOWER(A2),A1:M1)))/2+ISNUMBER(FIND(UPPER(A2),A1
:M1)))

to calculate the total.

--

HTH

RP

"Steve" wrote in message
I am using the count function for attendance tracking of Vacation,

Personal
Time, & Sick Time. (Example: =COUNTIF($F6:$CQ6, "V")

Problem is that, now I need to be able to do half days. I have tried many
different formulas/ways to incorporate the half day scenario even without
using the count function with no success.

Do anybody have any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Anne Troy

VERY cool. :)
************
Anne Troy
VBA Project Manager
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Steve" wrote in message
I am using the count function for attendance tracking of Vacation,
Personal
Time, & Sick Time. (Example: =COUNTIF($F6:$CQ6, "V")

Problem is that, now I need to be able to do half days. I have tried
many
different formulas/ways to incorporate the half day scenario even
without
using the count function with no success.

Do anybody have any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Steve

Anne:

One more question for you. I also have a conditional format saying that if
formula is =G6="v" then the cell would turn color. How would I incorporate
that into the HV scenario?

"Steve" wrote in message
I am using the count function for attendance tracking of Vacation, Personal
Time, & Sick Time. (Example: =COUNTIF($F6:$CQ6, "V")

Problem is that, now I need to be able to do half days. I have tried many
different formulas/ways to incorporate the half day scenario even without
using the count function with no success.

Do anybody have any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Anne Troy

So you want it to turn to the same color if it's V or HV?
I think you just need to set a 2nd condition same as the first, but HV
instead of V.
Got me?
************
Anne Troy
VBA Project Manager
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Steve" wrote in message
I am using the count function for attendance tracking of Vacation,
Personal
Time, & Sick Time. (Example: =COUNTIF($F6:$CQ6, "V")

Problem is that, now I need to be able to do half days. I have tried
many
different formulas/ways to incorporate the half day scenario even
without
using the count function with no success.

Do anybody have any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier

Hi Steve

=OR(G6="v",G6="hv")

Regards

Roger Govier

"Steve" wrote in message

I am using the count function for attendance tracking of Vacation, Personal
Time, & Sick Time. (Example: =COUNTIF($F6:$CQ6, "V")

Problem is that, now I need to be able to do half days. I have tried many
different formulas/ways to incorporate the half day scenario even without
using the count function with no success.

Do anybody have any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Anne Troy

I knew it! (That's why my reply said "I think".) Thanks, Roger.
************
Anne Troy
VBA Project Manager
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Roger Govier" wrote in message
Hi Steve

=OR(G6="v",G6="hv")

Regards

Roger Govier

"Steve" wrote in message

I am using the count function for attendance tracking of Vacation,
Personal
Time, & Sick Time. (Example: =COUNTIF($F6:$CQ6, "V")

Problem is that, now I need to be able to do half days. I have tried
many
different formulas/ways to incorporate the half day scenario even
without
using the count function with no success.

Do anybody have any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier

Hi Anne
I hadn't seen your response when posting, but looking at it now, you did say
the same thing. I guess I just gave the formula rather than the reason.
You "thunk" correctly<vbg.

Regards

Roger Govier

"Steve" wrote in message

I am using the count function for attendance tracking of Vacation,
Personal
Time, & Sick Time. (Example: =COUNTIF($F6:$CQ6, "V")

Problem is that, now I need to be able to do half days. I have tried
many
different formulas/ways to incorporate the half day scenario even
without
using the count function with no success.

Do anybody have any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Steve,

We use a quite simple spreadsheet in 2 companies with ca. 25 employees
each:

http://www.sulprobil.com/html/vacation_plan.html

HTH,
Bernd

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Anne Troy

Oh, no. I meant I knew there had to be a formula that would do it in one
format, rather than using two... :)
You supplied it.