-   -   Count Function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/56000-count-function.html)

Steve

Count Function

I am using the count function for attendance tracking of Vacation, Personal
Time, & Sick Time. (Example: =COUNTIF($F6:$CQ6, "V")

Problem is that, now I need to be able to do half days. I have tried many
different formulas/ways to incorporate the half day scenario even without
using the count function with no success.

Do anybody have any ideas?

Anne Troy

Count Function

I think you're telling us you can't figure out a code for half days? I
mean... if it's a half day vacation, why not HV? Then: =countif($F6:$CQ6,
"V")+(countif($F6:$CQ6, "HV")*.5)
?
************
Anne Troy
VBA Project Manager
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Steve" wrote in message
I am using the count function for attendance tracking of Vacation, Personal
Time, & Sick Time. (Example: =COUNTIF($F6:$CQ6, "V")

Problem is that, now I need to be able to do half days. I have tried many
different formulas/ways to incorporate the half day scenario even without
using the count function with no success.

Do anybody have any ideas?

Nise

Count Function

need more info. how do you represent half day in your sheet.

Steve

Count Function

That worked Thx so much you have no idea how long I have spent on this.

"Steve" wrote in message
I am using the count function for attendance tracking of Vacation, Personal
Time, & Sick Time. (Example: =COUNTIF($F6:$CQ6, "V")

Problem is that, now I need to be able to do half days. I have tried many
different formulas/ways to incorporate the half day scenario even without
using the count function with no success.

Do anybody have any ideas?

Steve

Count Function

Solved the problem thx for your help.

"Nise" wrote:

need more info. how do you represent half day in your sheet.

Bob Phillips

Count Function

Steve,

The way I do this is to use an upper-case letter for a full day, lower-case
for a half-day. SO, assuming my absence code is in A1 (upper or lower), I
use

=SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(FIND(LOWER(A2),A1:M1)))/2+ISNUMBER(FIND(UPPER(A2),A1
:M1)))

to calculate the total.

--

HTH

RP

"Steve" wrote in message
I am using the count function for attendance tracking of Vacation,

Personal
Time, & Sick Time. (Example: =COUNTIF($F6:$CQ6, "V")

Problem is that, now I need to be able to do half days. I have tried many
different formulas/ways to incorporate the half day scenario even without
using the count function with no success.

Do anybody have any ideas?

Anne Troy

Count Function

VERY cool. :)
************
Anne Troy
VBA Project Manager
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Steve" wrote in message
I am using the count function for attendance tracking of Vacation,
Personal
Time, & Sick Time. (Example: =COUNTIF($F6:$CQ6, "V")

Problem is that, now I need to be able to do half days. I have tried
many
different formulas/ways to incorporate the half day scenario even
without
using the count function with no success.

Do anybody have any ideas?

Steve

Count Function

Anne:

One more question for you. I also have a conditional format saying that if
formula is =G6="v" then the cell would turn color. How would I incorporate
that into the HV scenario?

"Steve" wrote in message
I am using the count function for attendance tracking of Vacation, Personal
Time, & Sick Time. (Example: =COUNTIF($F6:$CQ6, "V")

Problem is that, now I need to be able to do half days. I have tried many
different formulas/ways to incorporate the half day scenario even without
using the count function with no success.

Do anybody have any ideas?

Anne Troy

Count Function

So you want it to turn to the same color if it's V or HV?
I think you just need to set a 2nd condition same as the first, but HV
instead of V.
Got me?
************
Anne Troy
VBA Project Manager
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Steve" wrote in message
I am using the count function for attendance tracking of Vacation,
Personal
Time, & Sick Time. (Example: =COUNTIF($F6:$CQ6, "V")

Problem is that, now I need to be able to do half days. I have tried
many
different formulas/ways to incorporate the half day scenario even
without
using the count function with no success.

Do anybody have any ideas?

Roger Govier

Count Function

Hi Steve

=OR(G6="v",G6="hv")

Regards

Roger Govier

"Steve" wrote in message

I am using the count function for attendance tracking of Vacation, Personal
Time, & Sick Time. (Example: =COUNTIF($F6:$CQ6, "V")

Problem is that, now I need to be able to do half days. I have tried many
different formulas/ways to incorporate the half day scenario even without
using the count function with no success.

Do anybody have any ideas?

Anne Troy

Count Function

I knew it! (That's why my reply said "I think".) Thanks, Roger.
************
Anne Troy
VBA Project Manager
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Roger Govier" wrote in message
Hi Steve

=OR(G6="v",G6="hv")

Regards

Roger Govier

"Steve" wrote in message

I am using the count function for attendance tracking of Vacation,
Personal
Time, & Sick Time. (Example: =COUNTIF($F6:$CQ6, "V")

Problem is that, now I need to be able to do half days. I have tried
many
different formulas/ways to incorporate the half day scenario even
without
using the count function with no success.

Do anybody have any ideas?

Roger Govier

Count Function

Hi Anne
I hadn't seen your response when posting, but looking at it now, you did say
the same thing. I guess I just gave the formula rather than the reason.
You "thunk" correctly<vbg.

Regards

Roger Govier

"Steve" wrote in message

I am using the count function for attendance tracking of Vacation,
Personal
Time, & Sick Time. (Example: =COUNTIF($F6:$CQ6, "V")

Problem is that, now I need to be able to do half days. I have tried
many
different formulas/ways to incorporate the half day scenario even
without
using the count function with no success.

Do anybody have any ideas?

[email protected]

Count Function

Hi Steve,

We use a quite simple spreadsheet in 2 companies with ca. 25 employees
each:

http://www.sulprobil.com/html/vacation_plan.html

HTH,
Bernd

Anne Troy

Count Function

Oh, no. I meant I knew there had to be a formula that would do it in one
format, rather than using two... :)
You supplied it.