Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
damorrison

Default trying index match

I am trying to find a way to do this:
The boss has a master sheet of products he requires from different
suppliers, once he has selected what he wants, he will go throught the
list and give PO numbers, there are times the same PO number will be on
several different rows, because it is from the same supplier,
when he is ready to print out his PO , I have it set up so he can just
click a button, a userform pops up asking for the po number he wants.he
presses ok and the macro starts, Now from here it gets quite clumsy.
on another sheet I have the formula, something like this,
=IF(Sheet1!H1=po,Sheet1!A1,0),there is about seven columns of this
formula going down for many rows(as many as spreadsheet 1)
Then the macro sorts the sheet and the top ten rows end up on the
actual PO sheet( I have never seen more than 5 required I chose ten
just to be sure.
I can get index,match for one; what do I use to find all of the PO's
number rows and have them inserted into the actual PO?
Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier

Hi Dave

I would use Advanced Filter to pull the data required across onto the PO
sheet for printing.

Take a look at Debra Dalgleish's site for information on how to achieve this.
http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#ExtractWs

Regards

Roger Govier

damorrison wrote:
[...]