Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
vijaya

Default data sorting

How can I search all the required data say some 'A'from a list of data where
'A' is at some different locations. How can i use Vlookup for this or is
there any other method
I need to get all this data at one place, say suppose i input A again in
another sheet or same sheet 6th column, how can i get all the data of A at
one place
Like in the following example:

A 78 4 6 37 8
B 1 5 6 7 7
C 5 8 9 6 4
A 67 8 8 5 9
B 7 9 9 0 6

I should get something like:

A 78 4 6 37 8 A A 78 4 6 37 8
A 67 8 8 5
9
B 1 5 6 7 7
C 5 8 9 6 4
A 67 8 8 5 9
B 7 9 9 0 6

When I input A I should get teh data present in A that is present in teh
main list in successive rows

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Suresh

If you have the existing data organised in a flat file, you might filter the
table for A, B and so on.

"vijaya" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
vijaya

I know this type of filtering the data.But what i need is i have a column of
data say eg names in one sheet. In other sheet say sheet 2 i have names and
corresponding information like dob, age, address. Sheet 2 has data in an
haphazard manner. say in first row it has name 1 details of dob, age and
address, in some 10th row again name 1's salary, date of joining..etc are
tehre. Now what i need is, I need to get all the data of sheet 2 from these
multiple cells, wherever name 1 of first sheet matches with sheet 2.

There is not just one name to be compared, there is still lots of data
yet... Iam not sure if i cud explain properly,but let me know if u have any
clue

"Suresh" wrote:

I am not too sure if I understand your issue. A flat file is one where that
data is organised in rows and columns. i.e the like items are grouped in rows
and attributes for the items appear in columns. For eg. Names of individuals
appear in rows one below the other and their corresponding age appears in a
age field, address can appear in another column etc. If you have something
similar you can filter on any column to get the related other attributes. for
eg filter on a particular age and you will get all names on the age and so
on. But this will work on one sheet. You will have to bring all your data
into one sheet,

"vijaya" wrote:

How can I make it as a flat file, well what is a flat file??

"vijaya" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Suresh

Is your sheet 2 properly organised meaning all the names in same column, and
against the name salary, dob etc in repective columns irrespective of
whichever row they are located. i.e Column c is dob D is salary etc. so for
name A row 1 might have salary in Col D and Row 10 dob in col c if organised
that way then a lookup is possible. Otherwise, I guess you need to organise
the sheet 2 first before merging the two