Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
nils_odendaal

Default Multiple Criteria for COUNTIF and SUMIF

I have data in three columns. I need to count occurances and sum numbers
between these columns. I have used the following formulas to get one set of
data:

=COUNTIF(A:A,"Species")
=SUMIF(A:B,"Species",B:B)

Now I need to get to get the number sightings of animals (i.e. 1 group of 10
individuals observed at a certain distance) AND the number of individuals
(Col B) of species (Col A) observed at a certain distance (Col C) . For
example, elephant (Col A), 2 (Col B), 500 (Col C).

Can anyone please assist me?

Thanks, Nils
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Nils,

It would be something like

=SUMPRODUCT((B2:B25500)*(C2:D25="Species")*(A22:B 25))

--

HTH

RP