Pantryman

Default Workaround for UPPER(F31:F10000)

Bob and Harlan,

the Sun support forum seems to be on election break...
I have decided to give this a rest since the sheet works for now.
The problem remains that I can't add my aircraft types up unless they
are all listed in the same case.
That really is too bad, since I want to make this spreadsheet accesible
to anyone.
And I can't assume people will list their flights in upper/lower only
case.
The Calc Autocorrect may be turned on too for some users, so there may
even be 'proper' cases..

Makes you wonder huh..?

I tried the SUM(IF(..... solution but that doesn't work as you
indicated.
If you have any ideas then please keep me informed.

Greetings from Holland.

--
Pantryman
Pantryman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15233