Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Stuck2

Default What formula do I use if I need to look at the column and row?

I am trying to use the lookup formula but I need it to look at a value in a
row and in a column example
Cal ID Price 1 Price 2
A125 1.25 1.52
A130 1.22 1.30
A135 1.15 1.35
A140 1.32 1.40
If I need it to look at Just Price 1 cal ID is A130 I need it to return 1.22
but in the next cell I may need it to look at Price 2 A130 and 1.30
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Hi!

Just use a cell where you enter what price you want:

A10 = lookup_value = A130
B10 = Price # = 1 or 2

=VLOOKUP(A10,A2:C5,B10+1,0)

Biff