Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jane

Default want highlight when all cells in range are equal

using conditional formatting, I want to highlight a recap cell at the top of
the spreadsheet when all cells in the range below are equal.

thanks!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
vezerid

Jane,
assuming you want to highlight E1 and the range under consideration is
E2:E10 (i.e. 9 cells),
in conditional formatting, use Formula Is:
=COUNTIF($E$2:$E$10,$E$2)=9

HTH
Kostis Vezerides

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Hi!

Suppose A1 is the recap cell.

The "range below" of interest is A5:A10.

Select A1
Goto FormatConditional Formatting
Formula is: =AND(A5:A10<"",COUNTIF(A5:A10,A5)=COUNTA(A5:A10))

OR.......

Do you mean if the recap cell *AND* the range below *ARE ALL EQUAL* ?

If that's the case:

Formula is: =AND(A5:A10<"",A1=A5:A10)

Biff

"Jane" wrote in message
using conditional formatting, I want to highlight a recap cell at the top
of
the spreadsheet when all cells in the range below are equal.

thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jane

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Hi!

Try this:

=AND(COUNTA(A5:A20)-COUNTIF(A5:A20,A1)=5)

Biff