Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
graham

Default my sumif statement brings back mutiple answers, how do I fix it?

I am trying to write a sumif statment that looks up a date. In my array the
criteria is showing up twice. How could i write a statement that would bring
back the answer from the closest date.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
William Horton

Not sure what your formula / criteria is but perhaps you could add a Max or
Min to it.

"graham" wrote:

I am trying to write a sumif statment that looks up a date. In my array the
criteria is showing up twice. How could i write a statement that would bring
back the answer from the closest date.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
vezerid

graham,

the closest to what? When you say "the criteria is showing up twice", I
understand that in the date column your lookup value appears twice. If
so, then SUMIF() is designed to get you the sum for this date, no
matter how many times it appears.

So, if the two days are the same, does closest mean "most recently
entered (therefore further down the worksheet)"?. Is there another
column for which we want the highest value for the given date?