lucy

Default how do I sort email address by ISP?

I a trying to sort a customer list with email addresses by ISP to group like
ISPs together in Excel 2003
Ron Rosenfeld

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 07:00:02 -0800, "lucy"
wrote:

I a trying to sort a customer list with email addresses by ISP to group like
ISPs together in Excel 2003

ISP's may or may not be a part of an email address, and may not even be
discoverable if someone has a domain hosted on a remote server. If you mean to
group them by domain, then the easiest way would be to use a "helper" column
and sort on that.

For example, with your data in A1:A10000:

B2: =MID(A1,FIND("@",A1)+1,255)

and copy/drag down to B10000. Then Data/Sort on Column B.

--ron
Ron Coderre

Try this:

€¢Create a helper column to the right of the address table
€¢Enter this formula (assuming the email address is in A2):
=MID(A2,FIND("@",A2)+1,255)
That will return just the ISP portion of the email address
€¢Now, sort by that column

Does that help?

€¢€¢€¢€¢€¢€¢€¢€¢€¢€¢
Regards,
Ron

"lucy" wrote:

I a trying to sort a customer list with email addresses by ISP to group like
ISPs together in Excel 2003

Widemonk

To sort by ISP only, you need a dedicated column JUST with ISP info only.
In that column, have the formula
=MID(F2,FIND("@",F2)+1,99)

(assuming the email address is in column F)

Basically, it displays the email address but only the text AFTER the @
character.

HTH