gettin-older

Default How to make an input in one column determine dropdown list in anot

Is there any way I can make the info thats input in one column (selected by
dropdown list) determine which (one of several) dropdown list is used in
another column?
sir Lancelot

Not quite sure of your question. Do you need to create drop down lists?

"gettin-older" wrote:

Is there any way I can make the info thats input in one column (selected by
dropdown list) determine which (one of several) dropdown list is used in
another column?

damorrison

great examples at:
xlDynamic.com
dave

gettin-older

Default How to make an input in one column determine dropdown list in

Ok.. I have a dropdown list (8 items) already created for column B. I would
like to know if there is a way for each of those 8 items in column B to
(individually) determine what can be selected for input in column C, again
by dropdown lists. Which dropdown list is shown for column C would depend on
what was selected for column B.

"gettin-older" wrote:

Is there any way I can make the info thats input in one column (selected by
dropdown list) determine which (one of several) dropdown list is used in
another column?

Debra Dalgleish

As answered in microsoft.public.excel.misc:

If these are data validation dropdown lists, there are instructions here
for dependent lists:

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List