chiuinggum

Default part number with 'E'

I copy a part number 0613952E01 and when paste it to excel it turn out to be
6.14E+06. It try to paste special it into text but it doesnt work. Appreciate
your help.

Ron Rosenfeld

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 03:50:02 -0800, "chiuinggum"
wrote:

I copy a part number 0613952E01 and when paste it to excel it turn out to be
6.14E+06. It try to paste special it into text but it doesnt work. Appreciate
your help.

Huh? I don't see a "paste special text" option on the edit menu in Excel 2002.
So I can't help you with that.

But if you format the cell as TEXT **before** you paste the value into it, you
should be able to execute and ordinary paste operation.

--ron

Dana DeLouis

Huh? I don't see a "paste special text" option on the edit menu in Excel
2002.

Hi. I think the op is using "paste special" from a copy operation in a
non-Excel program.
If Excel is in Linking mode, (copied from within Excel) then paste special
pulls up it's own "Paste Special" window.
If copied from say "Notepad", then Paste special in Excel pulls up Windows
Paste Special, with limited capabilities.
From Notepad, I see Paste Special | Text (& Unicode text). If copied from
Wordpad, there are a few more options. :)
--
Dana DeLouis
Win XP & Office 2003

wrote:

I copy a part number 0613952E01 and when paste it to excel it turn out to
be
6.14E+06. It try to paste special it into text but it doesnt work.
Appreciate
your help.

Huh? I don't see a "paste special text" option on the edit menu in Excel
2002.
So I can't help you with that.

But if you format the cell as TEXT **before** you paste the value into
it, you
should be able to execute and ordinary paste operation.

--ron

Ron Rosenfeld

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 09:49:00 -0500, "Dana DeLouis"
wrote:

Huh? I don't see a "paste special text" option on the edit menu in Excel
2002.

Hi. I think the op is using "paste special" from a copy operation in a
non-Excel program.
If Excel is in Linking mode, (copied from within Excel) then paste special
pulls up it's own "Paste Special" window.
If copied from say "Notepad", then Paste special in Excel pulls up Windows
Paste Special, with limited capabilities.
From Notepad, I see Paste Special | Text (& Unicode text). If copied from
Wordpad, there are a few more options. :)

OK, that's a possibility, depending on what he is doing. However,
pre-formatting the cells as TEXT should still solve his problem, I would think.

--ron