Loyalise

Default Calculating due date?

I have a spreadsheet that is used to calculate a due date 90 days from
the current date. My problem is I need to have the system look at the
due date and if it falls on a weekend or holiday to push the due date
to the next weekday (or business day). ALSO, can I hide the cell where
the calculation is performed and have it place the correct due date
(business day date) in a cell where it will show and be printed on the
statement.

I'm a novice Excel user -- can do most "easy" functions -- but this one
has me stumped.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

--
Loyalise
Loyalise's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15966

Peo Sjoblom

Use WORKDAY

if you get a name error you need to install ATP (Analysis ToolPak) under
toolsadd-inns, check ATP and keep the office/excel CD handy and follow the
instructions

=WORKDAY(date,90,holidays)

=WORKDAY(A1,90,H2:H12)

where A1 holds the date, 90 is 90 days and holidays is a range with all the
public holidays)

Peo Sjoblom

"Loyalise" wrote in message

I have a spreadsheet that is used to calculate a due date 90 days from
the current date. My problem is I need to have the system look at the
due date and if it falls on a weekend or holiday to push the due date
to the next weekday (or business day). ALSO, can I hide the cell where
the calculation is performed and have it place the correct due date
(business day date) in a cell where it will show and be printed on the
statement.

I'm a novice Excel user -- can do most "easy" functions -- but this one
has me stumped.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

--
Loyalise
Loyalise's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=274414

K.S.Warrier

You may try the following.
Find the dates of holidays within the next 90 days & give serial numbers for
these dates.You can give conditional (if a particular date is a holiday,show
date <"That date")
Example:=if(or(a10="11/11/2004",a13="11/14/2004",...),1,0)-to add 1 more day
for the number of days,for each holiday in between.Please try & advise.