BorisS

Default pivot % or column tinkering

I have a need for a % of column calculation that does not do the entire
column, but rather does the sections of the vertical length defined by one of
my row fields. In other words, I need 100% to appear at the break of each of
a particular field. How do I do this, if at all?
--
Boris
Debra Dalgleish

There's no option to calculate the percent of a subtotal in a pivot
table. You could do the calculation outside of the PivotTable.

Or, move one of the row fields to the column area, and use the % Of
Column calculation to show the percentages. There's an example he

BorisS wrote:
I have a need for a % of column calculation that does not do the entire
column, but rather does the sections of the vertical length defined by one of
my row fields. In other words, I need 100% to appear at the break of each of
a particular field. How do I do this, if at all?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

BorisS

Debra, been a while, but we meet again. Thanks. I am not sure if this gets
me exactly to where I want to be, but there are some ideas that have been
triggered in reading through that.
--
Boris