-   -   Can I limit the amount of characters in a cell? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/54697-can-i-limit-amount-characters-cell.html)

Erin

Can I limit the amount of characters in a cell?

I am trying to limit the characters in the cell to 55. Is this possible?

Peo Sjoblom

Can I limit the amount of characters in a cell?

datavalidationallow text length

will work for keyed entries

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"Erin" wrote in message
I am trying to limit the characters in the cell to 55. Is this possible?

Ron Rosenfeld

Can I limit the amount of characters in a cell?

On Wed, 9 Nov 2005 16:37:56 -0800, "Erin"
wrote:

I am trying to limit the characters in the cell to 55. Is this possible?

Look at Data/Validation

--ron