-   -   How do I have a data table display cell names rather than values? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/54538-how-do-i-have-data-table-display-cell-names-rather-than-values.html)

raortiz99

How do I have a data table display cell names rather than values?

I am trying to run some sensitivity analysis on an aggrregate score from a
listing of rankings. The rankings are a product of the rankings in different
attributes and two attributes also have a beta integrated into them. My goal
is to run a sensitivity analysis using a data table. Currently i have a
conditional statement if(max(A3:A66)=A3, "Chicago",
if(max(A3:A66)=A4,"Cincinnati" and so on. Unfortunately I can only do that 12
times, meaning some cells in my 11x11 data table are left blank because I can
not cover them in those tweleve names. The other option I have tried is a
simple MAX function but it only returns values. My question is how do get the
data table to record the name of the cell instead of the value?

Duke Carey

How do I have a data table display cell names rather than values?

Put the City names into cells B3:B66 then use

=vlookup(max(a3:a66),A3:B66,2,FALSE)