-   -   How do I change my cell reference columns from number to alphabet? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/54390-how-do-i-change-my-cell-reference-columns-number-alphabet.html)

Carol A. Williams

How do I change my cell reference columns from number to alphabet?

Some how my columns have changed from alphabet to numbers and I don't know
how to change the settings. For example column A is no Column C1. How do I
change the column settings back to the original alphabetic reference?

Bob Umlas

How do I change my cell reference columns from number to alphabet?

Tools/Options/General tab, deselect R1C1 notation checkbox

"Carol A. Williams" <Carol A. wrote in
message ...
Some how my columns have changed from alphabet to numbers and I don't know
how to change the settings. For example column A is no Column C1. How do

change the column settings back to the original alphabetic reference?

Carol A. Williams

How do I change my cell reference columns from number to alphabet?

Thank you Bob! Your response was timely! I am still mystified, however, as
to how it changed! We recently had a system upgrade and the web-based spread
sheets have numbered columns, but I am not sure if this is how my columns
changed. I do know that I did physically make the changes.

Once again, thank you very much!