Jako

Default Summing a Column wit errors?

I have a coulmn with range "K10:K30".

In Cell "K31" i want the value of the above range.

However, there are and could be some cells in the range that have the
error n/a.

What function would add all values but ignore the errors and also if
there are no values i want cell "K31" to have the value 0.

TIA

--
Jako
Jako's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=8710

Domenic

=SUM(IF(ISNUMBER(K10:K30),K10:K30))

...entered using CONTROL+SHIFT+ENTER.

Hope this helps!

--
Domenic
Domenic's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10785

Aladin Akyurek

Also...

=SUMIF(K10:K30,"<#N/A")

would ignore #N/A's.

Jako Wrote:
I have a coulmn with range "K10:K30".

In Cell "K31" i want the value of the above range.

However, there are and could be some cells in the range that have the
error n/a.

What function would add all values but ignore the errors and also if
there are no values i want cell "K31" to have the value 0.

TIA

--
Aladin Akyurek
Aladin Akyurek's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=4165
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=274269

Ken Wright

You've got answers but personally I'd rather fix the cells that may return
errors in the first place:-

=IF(ISNA(Your_Formula),0,Your_Formula) is just one way of possible doing that.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"Jako" wrote in message

I have a coulmn with range "K10:K30".

In Cell "K31" i want the value of the above range.

However, there are and could be some cells in the range that have the
error n/a.

What function would add all values but ignore the errors and also if
there are no values i want cell "K31" to have the value 0.

TIA

--
Jako
Jako's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=274269

---

Domenic

Aladin Akyurek Wrote:
Also...

=SUMIF(K10:K30,"<#N/A")

would ignore #N/A's.

Ah yes! Keep forgetting about that one. :)