Louise

Default Consolidating data??

Hi all

I have a workbook consisting of approx. 10 worksheets, each containing
details of a member of staff, ie. what qualifications they have, what jobs
they can do etc.

I am hoping to create a separate worksheet altogether, in the same book,
that will help me 'find' people who are suited to a particular job. For
example, I could somehow type 'qualification one' and it would find anybody
who has qualification one.

Any idea of the easiest way to do this, or even if it's possible??? Would
this be easier in Access and then run Queries?

Thank you.
William Horton

Louise,

I think that Microsoft Access would be much better suited for this task. If
you could put all the information about the employees on one worksheet (one
row for each employee) then you could use Excel's autofilter functionality to
look for employees with certain criteria. There must be some formula / macro
that you could write to do what you are asking (separate worksheets) but it
would make things more complicated than they have to be. Try Access if you
can't get everything on the same worksheet.

Bill Horton

"Louise" wrote:

Hi all

I have a workbook consisting of approx. 10 worksheets, each containing
details of a member of staff, ie. what qualifications they have, what jobs
they can do etc.

I am hoping to create a separate worksheet altogether, in the same book,
that will help me 'find' people who are suited to a particular job. For
example, I could somehow type 'qualification one' and it would find anybody
who has qualification one.

Any idea of the easiest way to do this, or even if it's possible??? Would
this be easier in Access and then run Queries?

Thank you.

Louise

Hi WIlliam

I had a feeling that would be the answer. This is actually for a colleaugue
fo mine and for some reason, the data has to stay on separate worksheets.

Thanks again.

Louise