Junior Member

Angry Look up a list of prices

I am trying to find out how to get excel look up prices for approx 200 lines on a quotation from a price list using part numbers and then enter the prices beside each item.
I think this is a job for vlookup but I can't get it to work.

Help please
Naz

Default Look up a list of prices

Assuming you parts data is set up as follows

A B
1 Part Price
2 A1001 25
3 A1002 26
4 A1003 27
5 A1004 28
6 A1005 29
7 A1006 25
8 A1007 26
9 A1008 27
10 A1009 28

And say you wanted to enter the code in Cell A20 and have the price appear
in Cell B20..this is the formula you would put in B20

A20 B20
A1001 =IF(A20="","",VLOOKUP(A20,$A$1:$B$10,2,FALSE))

Result 25

HTH

--

Naz,