zbert

Default COUNTIF Question

The following countif function works well for me but I was wondering how
I could use a date range criteria from a different column. I want to
count all ocurrences of "Metro" in the month of Otcober.

=COUNTIF('PRT Metrics'!M8:M78,"Metro")

This formula counts all occurences of the word "Metro" in the range
M8:M78.

I'd like to count all occurence within a given month.

--
zbert
zbert's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15920

Aladin Akyurek

That requires a formula for multiconditional counting with a different
function...

Assuming that 'PRT Metrics'!$N$8:$N$78 is the date range:

=SUMPRODUCT(--('PRT Metrics'!$M$8:$M$78=E2),--(MONTH('PRT
Metrics'!$N$8:$N$78)=MONTH(F2)),--(YEAR('PRT
Metrics'!$N$8:$N$78)=YEAR(F2)))

where E2 houses a condition like Metro and F2 a date condition like
10/1/04 (a true date), possibly formatted as mmm-yy to read Oct-04.

Adjust to suit.

Aladin Akyurek's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=4165
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=274000