Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
nmc1104

Default problem using "<=" with SUMPRODUCT - PLEASE HELP

This problem has left me stumped for the past 3 days. I hope someone can
help. I have two columns. The first column (Column A) is coded with either
a "P" or an "X". The second column (Column B) contains percentages. I've
been trying to count the rows that have a "P" in Column A AND are less than
or equal to 25% in column B. The formula I used was:

=SUMPRODUCT((A3:A92="p")*(B3:B92<=25%))

The total came up to 9, but the actual result is 1 - there is only one row
with a "P" in Column A and a percentage of "25%". When I took out the "<"
symbol, it counted the correct row and gave me a total of 1.

Anyone have any clues as to how I can get the correct total for this
percentage range?