RSVP

Default Stumbling with IF THEN in Excel.

Excel 2003: I am using four cells A1, A2, A3 & A4. In A1 I want to enter a
value: 6, 9, 12, or 15. I want A2 to evaluate the value in A1. If the
value in A1 is less than or equal to 6 then return a '1' otherwise a '0'
{=if(a1<=6,1,0)}. I got that. However, I want A3 to evaluate the A1 value
such that if that valuse is greater than 6 but less than 12, return a 1
otherwise return a 0. For cell A3, if the value is greater than 12, return a
1 otherwise return a 0.

Thx in advance...
--
Rick Pelham

RagDyeR

In A2 enter:
=--(A1<=6)

In A3 enter:
=--AND(A16,A1<12)

In A4 enter:
=--(A112)

*Note*, you have not stipulated any value for 12.

--

HTH,

RD

"RSVP" wrote in message
Excel 2003: I am using four cells A1, A2, A3 & A4. In A1 I want to enter a
value: 6, 9, 12, or 15. I want A2 to evaluate the value in A1. If the
value in A1 is less than or equal to 6 then return a '1' otherwise a '0'
{=if(a1<=6,1,0)}. I got that. However, I want A3 to evaluate the A1 value
such that if that valuse is greater than 6 but less than 12, return a 1
otherwise return a 0. For cell A3, if the value is greater than 12, return
1 otherwise return a 0.

Thx in advance...
--
Rick Pelham

RSVP

Thank you - this was much simpler than what I did. The Cell addresses
reflect actual addresses not the fictional A1...A4 in my post.

In L63 I placed the evaluated value
In A2 =IF(AND(L631, L63<7), 1, 0)
In A3 =IF(AND(L636, L63<13), 1, 0)
In A4 =IF(AND(L6313, L63<19), 1, 0)

I really appreciate you responding so quickly - especially on the weekend.

If I can return the favor, I certainly will.

Thanks again - Rick

"RSVP" wrote in message
Excel 2003: I am using four cells A1, A2, A3 & A4. In A1 I want to enter a
value: 6, 9, 12, or 15. I want A2 to evaluate the value in A1. If the
value in A1 is less than or equal to 6 then return a '1' otherwise a '0'
{=if(a1<=6,1,0)}. I got that. However, I want A3 to evaluate the A1 value
such that if that valuse is greater than 6 but less than 12, return a 1
otherwise return a 0. For cell A3, if the value is greater than 12, return
1 otherwise return a 0.

Thx in advance...
--
Rick Pelham

Ragdyer

There's *still* no actual need for the IF() functions.

The numeric conversion of TRUE and FALSE to 1 and 0 using the unary will
return exactly the same results as your formulas, whether as a display, or
in future calculations.

RD