LRL

Default Referring to Cells in a forumula using a function

I want to be able to refer to a cell in a formula using a function. So
normally I would refer to a cell as R1C1 using RC type of reference. But say
I want to refer to cell R1C(myFunction(R2C2)). myFunction(R2C2) would return
a value which would specify which column the cell is in based on the contents
of R2C2. So if the function returned "2", the I would get cell R1C2.

Is this possible?

Thanks

LRL
Barb Reinhardt

Do you want the data from the R1C1 cell? If so, use

=INDIRECT("R1C1",FALSE)

You could replace "R1C1" with "R1C"&myfunction(R2C2)