ddh

Default sorting

I have a set of stock symbols I download every day based on a screening
program. The next days run will contain most of the previous days list plus
some new ones. There are about 100 each day. Is there a way I can sort the
next days list to include only the symbols that are new for that day, ie,
not on the previous days list?

I have made some macros before but I have not figured out a formula to do
this.

Thanks,

Doug

Debra Dalgleish

Chip Pearson has information on finding and tagging duplicate entries in
a list.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm

You could import the list, tag the symbols that are in the previous
day's list, and copy the untagged symbols to a different area of the
worksheet.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List