Bryan J Bloom

Default formula cut and paste

Can you cut a row out and keep the formulas that were in that row?
Meaning if row 2 has a formula in a,b,c and d and the row continues out to
h. Is there a way I can cut row 2 out without the formulas from a,b,c and d
being cut. I highly doubt it, but i figure its worth a shot.
Thank you for your time
Ian

If you cut out the cells the data goes too. You can then paste the data
elsewhere. I suspect this doesn't answer your question. What did you want to
happen to your formulae?

--
Ian
--
"Bryan J Bloom" wrote in message
Can you cut a row out and keep the formulas that were in that row?
Meaning if row 2 has a formula in a,b,c and d and the row continues out to
h. Is there a way I can cut row 2 out without the formulas from a,b,c and
being cut. I highly doubt it, but i figure its worth a shot.
Thank you for your time

Junior Member

Not that I know of :-)
Depending on what you want to do you could copy the row and paste the data as values elsewhere, anssuming you want to work with the data that you are copying.

Alternatively, if you have a standard form (i.e. never changes in format), you could write a simple macro to empty the cells from column e out to column h.

Difficult to really help as it's not entirely clear what you want to do. Hoep this helps though.

Mike
Bryan J Bloom

a macro? ok... here's more detail. I input a trailer number and the
spreadsheet calculates charges for each individual trailer on a daily
basis(never changes format). I'm trying to move any finished trailers to
another spreadsheet(like archiving it), which then makes me ask. Is there a
macro that can be made for when the final column(charge) is filled, that
it'll then be moved to another spreadsheet? or will macros only work within
one spreadsheet?
Thanks