-   -   Showing Mininum $ for items (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/53088-showing-mininum-%24-items.html)

woody

Showing Mininum $ for items

I have imported a cost item list from quickbooks. I have many items and I am
trying to find a way to get the minimum for each item without going through
each item. The items are in colum A and the Cost is in colum H. I would
like to put the minimum cost in colum J. Is thsi possible in excel 97? If
so, How???

Anne Troy

Showing Mininum $ for items

How is the minimum cost calculated?
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"woody" wrote in message
I have imported a cost item list from quickbooks. I have many items and I
am
trying to find a way to get the minimum for each item without going
through
each item. The items are in colum A and the Cost is in colum H. I would
like to put the minimum cost in colum J. Is thsi possible in excel 97?
If
so, How???

Bob Phillips

Showing Mininum $ for items

=MIN(IF(A2:A200="Material",C2:C200))

as an array formula, so commit with Ctrl-Shift-Enter

--

HTH

RP