Ron Coderre

Default Max and MIN question

See if I got the basic info right....
Col H: Decimal values (0.01,0.02,0.6, etc).
Col I: Corresponding column of descriptors (<0.05, =0.05)
You want to calculate the minimum and maximum values from Col I.

Could you try something like this?:
H12:H36 contains decimal numbers
I12: =H12 (copy that formula down to H36)
Then, custom format Col B numbers to:
[<0.05]"<.5";[=0.05]"=.5";"=.5"

I37: =MAX(I12:I36)
I387: =MIN(I12:I36)

Am I on the right track?

€¢€¢€¢€¢€¢€¢€¢€¢€¢€¢€¢€¢€¢€¢€¢€¢€ ¢
Regards,
Ron

"scott45" wrote:

I have a coulmn with results in that are in a decimal point example .01, .02.
At the bottom of the coulumn I want to report the max number and the min
number but it does not. Also in one column my results are listed as <0.05
etc. At the bottom of this column I want to report the max and min but it
does not. I believe because they are not whole numbers. Is there a way to
report these numbers. I tried an IF formula where if <0, max(i12:i36) but
that did not work.
thanks is adavance

scott