-   -   substract cell F from cell H and total into cell I (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/52954-substract-cell-f-cell-h-total-into-cell-i.html)

vadarpug

substract cell F from cell H and total into cell I

i am new to using excel. i need to be able to put in pay price in cell F and
selling price into cell H and get total in cell i. so it would have to
substract cell F from cell H and put total into cell i. how do i do this?
currency only

Jerry W. Lewis

substract cell F from cell H and total into cell I

Assuming the values are in row 1, then enter the following formula in
the cell in column I
=H1-F1

If this calculatio is repeated in several rows, just copy cell I1,
select the other rows in column I, and paste.

Jerry