louise

Default Calculating the number of cells containing dates within the last m

I am a teacher and use a spreadsheet to keep a record of when students have
completed an assignment.

I need to produce a monthly report detailing how many students completed
each unit within the last month.

Is there a function that can do this?

Thanks

louise

Default Calculating the number of cells containing dates within the la

The course I teach consists of 5 units. I need to record the date each
student completes each of the 5 units and produce a report each month
detailing how many students have completed each unit within that month.

i.e. Unit 1 10 Unit 2 15

The dates are contained in cells F20:J122 and I need a total for each column.

I hope this makes it clearer!

Thanks

"louise" wrote in message
I am a teacher and use a spreadsheet to keep a record of when students

have
completed an assignment.

I need to produce a monthly report detailing how many students completed
each unit within the last month.

Is there a function that can do this?

Thanks

Bob Phillips

Louise,

Assuming that the namesare in column A, put the list of months in A123 down
as Jan, Feb, etc.,, then then add this to F123

=SUMPRODUCT(--(TEXT(F$20:F$122,"mmm")=$A123))

and then copy down and across to J

--

HTH

RP

"louise" wrote in message
I am a teacher and use a spreadsheet to keep a record of when students

have
completed an assignment.

I need to produce a monthly report detailing how many students

completed
each unit within the last month.

Is there a function that can do this?

Thanks

louise

Bob & Sandy

Thank you both very much for you time & help, it's really appreciated!

The second suggestion by Sandy is exactly what I was looking for!

This is going to save me so much time, thank you!

Louise

"Sandy Mann" wrote:

I read it slightly different to Bob, If you have actual dates (ie 10/10/05
NOT 10.10.05) then for Unit 1 try:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(F20:F122)=MONTH(TODAY()))*(F20:F122<""))

to return the current month's total which will update to always, (and only),
show this month's total or if you want a record kept then use:

=SUMPRODUCT((MONTH(F20:F122)=10)*(F20:F122<""))

where the 10 is the month number.

--
HTH

Sandy