shonkoo

Default how to calulate time in hours cbetween two different dates?

I use Excel 2003. I cannot find out time in hours between two different
dates, for example - time in hours between 2300 hrs/ 23.10.05 and 0800
hrs/26.10.05. Can anyone advise?
Domenic

If the date/time is a true date value, try...

A1: 10/23/05 23:00

B1: 10/26/05 8:00

=B1-A1

....and custom format your cell as [h].

Hope this helps!

In article ,
"shonkoo" wrote:

I use Excel 2003. I cannot find out time in hours between two different
dates, for example - time in hours between 2300 hrs/ 23.10.05 and 0800
hrs/26.10.05. Can anyone advise?

Mladen_Dj

For result cell use custom number format "[h]", if you want to be display
minutes also then "[h]:00, and if you want to have fraction of hours, use
general format, and divide result with 24.

"shonkoo" wrote in message
I use Excel 2003. I cannot find out time in hours between two different
dates, for example - time in hours between 2300 hrs/ 23.10.05 and 0800
hrs/26.10.05. Can anyone advise?

Mladen_Dj

Correction:

Not divide, but multiply with 24, to get fraction of hours...